Tips for Preventing Traction Alopecia
Traction alopecia is a form of acquired hair loss that results from prolonged or repetitive tension on the scalp hair. While it affects people of any ethnic background or age, traction alopecia commonly affects women of color who wear tight protective styles. Other causes include using hair extensions, using chemical relaxers and rollers, and wearing tight headwear is used in the same way every day. If wearing a wig to prevent traction alopecia, lack of care can increase the risk. Wigs that have clips and combs and have to be applied with glue actually put your hair under more stress.
Tips for preventing Traction Alopecia:
- Wear low risk hairstyles such as loose buns and ponytails low instead of high on your head
- Wear wigs with satin wig caps; it won't pull as hard on your scalp
- Wear wigs with nylon or cotton wig caps
- Avoid using relaxers
- Wear a satin bonnet or use a satin pillowcase at bedtime
- Give your scalp a break from tension and pulling
- Change hairstyles every few weeks to prevent strain on one area of the scalp
- Wear thick, loose braids instead of small, tight braids
- Use fabric hair ties instead of elastics
Overall, a hair system and a lace wig can be used for the purpose of growing back your hair for all individuals and types of hair. Contact us to discuss your hair regrowth needs through the use of a stock or a custom hair system or lace wig.
Experiencing hair loss and receiving treatments can be challenging and distressing. If you’re looking for the perfect hair system to help you through this journey, contact Kapenzo™ Hair today. We offer free, complimentary consultations to help you find a hair system that will meet your needs, wants, and budget. In addition, the company works closely with insurance companies and medical practitioners to help their clients receive the best product for your needs, wants and budget. Contact a Kapenzo™ Wig consultant at 1-416-619-7846 or email them at email@example.com or The Lace Wigs Store at info@TheLaceWigSStore.com